Jaxon Evans has levelled the points at the top of the Jim Richards Endurance Trophy standings following victory in Sunday’s race two at Sydney Motorsport Park.
Evans led from the outset of the 30 lap event, claiming a dominant five second win from race one winner, Hamish Hardeman. Jake Klarich placed third; the top three spreading out early in what was an uneventful race at the front.
Evans now sits level with Hardeman at the top of the Jim Richards Endurance Trophy standings following the latter’s endurance race victory at Winton earlier in the season.
David Ryan topped an eventful Elite Class battle for the 30 lap race; Ryan battled with Tim Miles for much of the race until Miles ran wide at turn two mid-race, dropping down the order.
Meanwhile Anthony Gilbertson and Jim Campbell came together at turn two, resulting in Campbell’s car being catapulted into the air, the contact and landing causing race ending damage to Campbell’s while Gilbertson continued with front-end damage.
John Morriss held a consistent race to place fifth from Miles, Sam Shahin, Brian Finn, Ross McGregor, Gilbertson and Class B race winner in 11th.
Race 3 of Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Australia presented by Pirelli, along with the remainder of Sunday race schedule of the Shannons Australian Motor Racing Nationals round in Sydney, is available watch via live stream from www.thenationals.com.au.
Sunday July 03, 2016
1:17pm Race 3 (9 laps)
Race 2 Results
- #91 Jaxon Evans (Professional Class) Simulate-It/Willship, 30 laps – 46:29.0913s
- #10 Hamish Hardeman (Professional Class) Sonic Motor Racing Services, 30 laps – 46:33.8523s
- #95 Jake Klarich (Professional Class) Super Rooster, 30 laps – 47:01.3919s
- #30 David Ryan (Elite Class) Wrightlands GAM Soltronic, 30 laps – 47:42.1263s
- #34 John Morriss (Elite Class) Motorsport Leasing Pty Ltd, 30 laps – 47:46.3269s
- #4 Tim Miles (Elite Class) CSF Radiators / Miles Advisory, 30 laps – 47:56.9119s
- #13 Sam Shahin (Elite Class) HTFU, 29 laps – 46:55.2072s
- #82 Brian Finn (Elite Class) Laser 3D/Force Accessories, 29 laps – 47:03.6569s
- #99 Ross McGregor (Elite Class) Southern Star Windows, 29 laps – 47:19.6450s
- #19 Anthony Gilbertson (Elite Class) Motiv8 Racing/Hallmark Homes, 29 laps – 47:36.3748s
- #21 Shane Barwood (Class B) Melbourne Orthopaedic Group, 28 laps – 46:29.9232s
- #9 Tony Martin (Elite Class) The Triffid Bar Venue, 28 laps – 47:15.5256s
DNF #72 Jim Campbell (Elite Class) Power Street Racing, 22 laps – 34:56.0624s
DNF #8 Neville Stewart (Class B) Asset Partner / Racing Dynamics, 1 lap – 47:02.8668s