Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Australia presented by Pirelli drivers at this weekend’s penultimate Queensland Raceway round have completed final preparations ahead of Saturday’s final race of the Jim Richards Endurance Trophy.
The Porsche series completed two practice sessions on Friday, with series leader Jordan Love finishing the day fastest with a time of 1:12.1192, a mere 0.0825secs ahead of Elite Class pace-setter Anthony Gilbertson.
Following tomorrow morning’s qualifying session, the Porsche series will complete a 40-lap race, which will decide the 2017 recipient of the popular Jim Richards Endurance Trophy.
“The track was really good today. With Supercars having raced here last weekend there was quite a bit of grip down on track, but a little bit of rain last night made it a bit slippery this morning. It gripped up throughout the day and should make for great racing tomorrow,” said Grove, who sits second in the Jim Richards Endurance Trophy standings behind Love.
“It’s my second time here; I raced here last year with Formula 4 which is a completely different car so essentially it feels like my first time here again. I think we made good progress today and I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s endurance race.”
Grove finished Friday practice third quickest ahead of South Australian duo Sam Shahin and John Karytinos, Brett Boulton, John Morriss, Rob Woods, Ross McGregor and Shane Barwood in 10th.
Qualifying and the 40 lap Jim Richards Endurance Trophy decider will be held tomorrow ahead of race two and race three on Sunday, which can both be viewed via the Shannons Nationals Live Stream, available at www.thenationals.com.au.
Saturday August 05, 2017
10:50am Qualifying (20 minutes)
1:45pm Race 1 (40 laps)
Sunday August 06, 2017
10:00am Race 2 (12 laps)
12:45pm Race 3 (12 laps)
Combined times – Practice 1 & 2
1. #79 Jordan Love (Professional Class) Sonic Motor Racing/Quintis – 1:12.1192*
2. #19 Anthony Gilbertson (Elite Class) Hallmark Homes – 1:12.2017s
3. #23 Brenton Grove (Professional Class) Grove Hire – 1:12.4740s
4. #13 Sam Shahin (Elite Class) HTFU – 1:12.8527s
5. #16 John Karytinos (Elite Class) Richmonds Automotive – 1:13.0811s
6. #84 Brett Boulton (Elite Class) Bold Living – 1:13.1226s
7. #34 John Morriss (Elite Class) Motorsport Leasing P/L – 1:14.2546s
8. #29 Rob Woods (Elite Class) Platinum Nightclub – 1:14.3245s
9. #99 Ross McGregor (Elite Class) Southern Star Windows – 1:14.7518s
10. #21 Shane Barwood (Elite Class) Melbourne Orthopaedic Group – 1:14.9841s
11. #88 Phil Morriss (Elite Class) Morriss Racing Services – 1:15.0423s
12. #11 Brendan Cook (Class B) Cairns Steel Fabrication – 1:15.1799s
13. #9 Tony Martin (Elite Class) The Triffid Bar + Venue – 1:15.3740s
14. #87 David Greig (Class B) 1:16.5632s